*

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

C.I.O.

So my soon to be 15 month old daughter still doesn't sleep throught the night. She has recently been waking up 3 times a night. And WILL NOT go back to sleep unless she has a full (10oz.) bottle of milk. With that being said, my daughter DOES NOT need 30oz. of milk in the middle of the night, So last night she went to sleep at 8:30 then was up at 11:30, and would not go back to sleep. Finally I put her in her crib, and went to the couch (We share a room). Now, let's just say that she cursed me out for a good 30 minutes. So tonight is offically night 2 of C.I.O Yes, I did just say that (insert sad face here) I have the video monitor set up, so I can watch her all night long, of if she's crying too long, I can go rescue her.

Does anyone have any good night time tips? We both need sleep.




3 comments:

Lisa Noel said...

I have no advice just sympathy. After 1 that handled CIO pretty well, he did wake up in the middle of the night for a longer than "normal" time. #2 I tried the same thing and it simply never worked. #3 is pretty much whatever works to get us the most sleep. he still doesn't sleep through the night either and we have some really rough nights but I just do what I feel best for each night. some nights it means being on the couch for me too

Candace said...

We had a time where our daughter was doing that same kind of thing. Then, we got into the bad habit of bringing her to bed with us, which was a mistake because that was kind of hard to break. We(and when I say we, I mean my husband) got a book by supernanny, and read that we needed to get her into a routine. So, every night, we give Grace a bath at the same time. We started out a little later(like bath time started at nine, ended around 9:15), so that way, she wasn't waking up so soon. And then... we would have story time for about 15-20 minutes. After that, we would let her have a drink of water, but we stopped giving her a bottle(we were also giving her a whole milk bottle at that point too). We would then lay her down and say goodnight. We would shut the door and then of course the crying started. The first night... cried for 30 minutes, then laid down. THe second it was 15 minutes... and it dwindled from there. And now... she goes to bed without crying. Of course, she still cries at naptime, but only for about 10 minutes, but then sleeps for 2 hours. It is a blessing... just keep at it... you can do it. It is going to be rougher on you at some points, but you will be glad you stick it out. The other thing... and I am sorry I am writing a book, if your little girl is teething, which Grace was, it can sometimes interupt her schedule, but it will pass. :) Good luck and again... sorry for the book, hope it helps. :)

JalenasMommy said...

Thanks girls! I appreciate your help! My problem as well Candace is that I would pick her up and put her in bed with me! But, I seriously need my sleep. It's rough having to work all day and then come home and be Mommy! I feel bad sometimes, because I am exhausted, due to my lack of sleep!